Welcome to the Patient Portal!
The Patient Portal facilitates better communication with our office by providing convenient and secure access from the comfort and privacy of your home or office. Through the portal you will be able to send and receive ’email’ messages from the office, receive some types of lab results, request appointments, and receive reminders about upcoming appointments. We are still in the process of setting things up, so new features may be added in the future.
Important Instruction for Sending MessagesMessages sent through the Patient Portal are encrypted and HIPAA compliant so your health information is secured and cannot be viewed from anyone outside. Just as with regular email, your message will be sent to an inbox. A staff member from the office will check the inbox on a daily basis, during normal business hours.
- DO NOT send messages that require an urgent reply. Your message may not be seen right away. If you are having an emergency, urgent problem, or have a question that requires an answer immediately, you must call the office.
- We cannot make a diagnosis and treat you by email.
- Please be concise and keep the messages brief.
- Email ‘consults’ are not covered by insurance. We are happy to answer simple questions at no charge, but we cannot provide long consultations or in depth discussions of test results unless you are willing to pay out of pocket for the convenience.
- Keep in mind that anything sent in a message will become part of your permanent medical record.
Sample MessagesExamples of messages that should NOT be sent through the Portal
- I am having severe pain/heavy bleeding/chest pain/difficulty breathing.
- I am pregnant and having bleeding/leaking/the baby is not moving. What should I do?
- I need a prescription refill and I’m going to the pharmacy right now.
- I am having pelvic pain, what could be causing this?
- I am pregnant and have a cold. What medication can I take?
- Prescription refill requests
- Can I get the results of the lab tests done last Monday?
- Can I get a doctor’s note for my visit yesterday? Please fax it to _________.
Prescription RefillsIf you are requesting a medication refill, make sure to write the name of the medication, the name and location of the pharmacy, and the dose if it comes in more than one dose.
- Example of a correct medication refill request: “I have 1 week left of my Lutera, can you please send a refill to Longs Pali.”
- Example of an incorrect refill request: “I am out of the medication you gave me last time. I don’t know the name, but I’m sure you have it in your records somewhere. Can you send it to Longs.”
WebsiteOur website is: www.obgynmom.com. Our website contains our hours of operation, contact information (phone and fax numbers), after hours contact phone number for urgent problems, and location. Please check there first if you need any of the above information.
You must be web enabled in order to log in for the first time. If you have not been web enabled yet, call our office at 531-6727 to obtain a User ID and Password.